Thursday, April 23, 2009

Like Disney

On a mellow Tuesday night searching channels, I came across Showtime. Stardust was playing. I'd seen it when it came out but it had been a while, so I tuned in. After minutes of watching this movie, I remembered why I loved it. Stardust, directed by Matthew Vaughn and starring Charlie Cox, Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert De Niro, is a fantasy story of a young man searching for a fallen star that comes in the form of a woman. He is seeking the star to win the love of a girl from the town of Wall however, 7 brothers and a band of witches are also racing to find the star. The plot is utterly unbelievable but the movie allows the viewer to get lost in a make believe world and escape our own for 2 hours. The movie reminds me of the Disney classics that we all know and love-So get lost in the fantasy world and give the film a gander when you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment