Thursday, April 30, 2009

What goes around comes around-literally

As many people know, I'm a Disney fan. I grew up on the Disney Classics and I refuse to throw out my old vhs tapes. One of my old favorites, The Jungle Book, went missing, oh maybe 7 years ago. I was heartbroken. I loved that movie and because of that love, I kept the video case in hopes that the lost tape would resurface some day. Do any of you out there know how depressing it can be when you reach for a tape cover or cd case and open it and it's empty? Especially when you wanted to watch that particular movie at the moment. This occurred every time I opened that empty Jungle Book video case.

Two days ago, I decided to do some spring cleaning and sort through my mess of a movie collection. I made a pile of empty vhs cases that, like the Jungle Book case, were waiting for their tape to reappear. I made a pile of vhs tapes and dvds I wanted to keep. And finally, I made a pile of movies that were labeled, "Why on earth would I watch this movie let a lone buy it?" As I looked forlornly at the pile of empty cases, I decided on one last search for my missing Disney Classic. I went through all of my old video tapes, opened every single one. Finally, I found the tape, hiding in a different movie case that I haven't touch in 7 years.

My movie had been found! The whole event has restored my faith in the saying "What goes around comes around." For those of you who have not taken the time to watch The Jungle Book I suggest you watch it. It's only 80 mins or so and it can bring back good old childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment