Friday, April 24, 2009

Young Mr. Lincoln

I'm constantly confusing Tom Ford with John Ford. For those with the same confusion, Tom Ford is the fashion designer and John Ford is the director. I recently watched a film by John Ford called Young Mr. Lincoln. It stars Henry Fonda who has a striking resemblance to the real Abraham Lincoln. John Ford is known for his westerns so I was not sure what to expect when watching the film. I was pleasantly surprised. Tom Ford's style shines through however, it does not overshadow Henry Fonda's performance. I believe he plays Lincoln perfectly-a good old southern boy who has wit and knowledge too. I was also impressed because in the early days of sound films, actors, usually having to overact for the silent films, would overact in the sound films which makes them appear slightly cheesy. Henry Fonda does not overact which makes the whole performance refreshing. I definitely recommend this film if you're curious about good old Abe or if you want a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment